Sporting activities is fun and enjoyable for all ages. Along this fun journey we often do some
exercises excessively either too often or too hard, which can cause injuries.
Examples of injuries:
• Tennis elbow, golfers elbow and biceps tendinitis from not warming up properly before
playing or warming down after exercise.
• At times incorrect posture whilst using equipment causes injury.
• Ill fitting shoes can cause Achilles injuries
• Reduced mobility in different areas of the body can limit performance for example Golfers
who cannot twist their upper body.
• Tight hamstrings disabling an avid footballer to bend their knees like they used too.
Young people are especially vulnerable due to their growing bodies, which are at times unable to
adapt to strains of playing high demanding games.
How Osteopathy can Help
A Trained Osteopath can improve performance along with treating injuries. By using their highly
trained knowledge and palpatory skills. They do so by restoring structural balance and improve joint
mobility, reduce adhesions and soft tissue restrictions. This enables to improve mobility and the
performance is enhanced. For those of you wishing to keep fit, the osteopath can help you keep
supple and improve muscle tone so reducing the risk of injury to soft
tissues unaccustomed to the extra work they are being asked to do.
Advice on diet and exercise, which will help you with your specific sport, may also be offered.
• Begin slowly and build up, especially after an injury
• Warm up first, and then warm down with stretches afterwards
• Drink plenty of water when exercising
• Exercise regularly, and try to alternate the types of exercise that you are doing every day
• Following a joint injury apply ice to the area for 10 minutes, every hour, if practical. Apply a
bandage to compress the tissues. Elevate and rest if possible.
The British Medical Association’s guidance for general practitioners states that doctors can safely
refer patients to osteopaths.
For Osteopathic Wellness
27 Field End road, Pinner HA5 2QQ
8 Eastcote Lane, South Harrow,HA2 8BP
07788763217 | 02089302955
CANCELLATION POLICY: 100% of your treatment cost will be payable in case of an appointment being missed or cancelled less that 24 hours prior to your appointment time.